Recent content by lynneeliz64

1. L

Subcontractor damage during remodel

Subcontractor's reply The subcontractor has agreed to pay the cost for Home Deppot to remove and dispose of the old carpet, put new pad in, and pay the installation cost of new carpet. We're paying for the cost of the new carpet. He is fixing and repainting the ceiling they had to pull out and...
  2. L

What I'm looking at is about $22.00/yd installed with lowest grade pad - Shaw carpet from Home Depot. We would upgrade the pad and pay for that amount ourselves. I had the living room and dining room done by Home Depot in the Fall - it's a similar size. It cost us $1500 to have done -that...
  3. L

Thanks. We're off to Home Depot with our measurements tonight to get a better idea of cost. I'm happy to pay the cost of the carpet but I think the removal and re-installation should be his responsibility whatever that cost is. He admitted it was his fault. It was upgraded builder berber and...
  4. L

In all fairness to the contractor and subcontractor they had Service Master here right away to dry everything out and they brought moisture meters with them. We had 3 large fans and a heavy duty dehumidifier for the weekend. They used a meter to check for moisture so I don't think that's an...
  5. L

Our bathroom remodel has taken 13 weeks due to some supply problems and other small issues. We finally got to use our new shower last week - we took a total of 4 showers, plus I cleaned it once. Our bathroom is on the 2nd floor. I was downstairs when I walked in a large puddle of water. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks