Recent content by luckyj

1. luckyj

Well head cover impossible to get off

SUCCESS!!!! Got the cover to release.....this is what did it: PumpMD: "I would use a hammer on the side of well pipe casing where the threads would be, to help with breaking up the rust in the threads, so you can turn it possibly." I continued to spray it each day with PB Buster and then...
  2. luckyj

That's not water....it' actually the PB Buster which I had sprayed again and let sit there...I dried up excess a while after photo was taken. I'm actually keeping it covered so no rain/water gets to it and will continue to spray it for a few days. If no success maybe I'll try the Coke idea...
  3. luckyj

Thanks for the quick replies guys......yeah, my last resort was to cut the downpipe right below the coupling but I was trying to avoid that. Gonna try a torch first around outside edge...I also like the come along idea with pipe wrench....that may work out if not I guess I'll have to cut and...
  4. luckyj

Hi, I've been trying to get the cover of an old well head removed....so far it has proven impossible. I assume that the cover is threaded into the downpipe. There are no bolts, set screws, etc, and everything is solid cast iron. This well setup is probably 50 years old and hasn't been opened...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks