Recent content by ltlistener

1. ltlistener

Smelly shower drain after moving toilet flange

This was the original setup (pretty sure the shower was added after the fact);we just moved the toilet flange / santee (there are 2 x 22degree fittings shifting the 3 in pipe to hit the sani tee under the toilet now). I don't think there is enough space to use a combo wye ... would it be...
  2. ltlistener

Smelly shower drain after moving toilet flange

As part of a bathroom remodel we moved our toilet about 3 inches (45 degrees from previous placement), which has made the bathroom much more functional. However, the shower drain now stinks.. bad (its upstream of the toilet). When you flush the level of the p trap water in the shower goes up...
  3. ltlistener

DWV Question - relocating toilet...

If I tie into the 2" like the drawing the lav and associated vent will be a few feet away. Would that work ok or do i need to run a vent up and tie to the dry portion? I'm working with 2x4s so i was hoping to not need to do that.
  4. ltlistener

Terry -- thanks for the reply. Would you (should I) be concerned about the distance from the toilet to the stack would be roughly 10 ft including ~7 feet to the back wall of the basement and a few over & down to the stack? All the fixtures are in a 6 x 6 bath, but there is some distance to the...
  5. ltlistener

In trying to do the right thing by my better half, I promised to at least scope the ability to move the toilet (swap with vanity) in a small bath, which needs to be relocated more or less 3~3.5 ft. but over 2 joist bays. The only way I could see doing this (because we don't have enough meat on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks