Recent content by LookingforSolutions

1. L

Permanent Solution for Drain Flies, possible traps.

Each fixture is trapped. I mentioned in the OP, this was an issue last year that took a while to solve, same again this year. Once they get in, it turns into a nightmare. The next time I have an issue, I’d rather not have to worry about these annoying flies.
  2. L

I’m not positive of the codes, tbh. I’m aware it isn’t ideal, but to me, my sanity, etc. it’s the lesser of two not ideal options. I’m just curious if anyone sees any issues from a pure plumbing standpoint.
  3. L

Thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated! To clarify, last year and this year they weren’t getting in past the traps. Last year was a hairline crack in a toilet flange. This year was a very slightly loose vent pipe in the attic (wasn’t loose last year, we smoke tested both times). After the...
  4. L

Anyone? Have a master plumber who says this should work. Pipes are PVC as an FYI.
  5. L

Posting questions and using avatars on this site

I've been trying to post a thread, but am not seeing it in the forum. When I look at my activity I see them crossed off. How do I go about posting this, this is what my activity looks like. Edit, see the message on this post that it needs moderator approval. Makes sense, thanks.
  6. L

Every year I encounter bouts with Sewer Flies. The problem originates at the Septic Tank which is a perfect breeding ground for them. Had it fully inspected by 2 separate companies and both said the tanks themselves are good. Honestly, in South Florida, no matter what I do, they'll find a way...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks