Recent content by lakawak

1. lakawak

faulty heating pump question

Well...I got the heat turned up. Code Enforcement called the landlord right away to remind them of the law and possible fines. And they are coming next week to re-check on the noise. I had a Code guy come out a couple weeks ago and he listed the noisy pump in his report and they were supposed to...
  2. lakawak

Oh...the law absolutely says that the apartments must be 68 degrees. I don't know if that is true of all states, but the NY State Renter Law is pretty clear on that. And I have seen many other states that have the same law. Between midnight and 6:00 AM or so, it can drop to 60 or something like...
  3. lakawak

I should point out that the pipes that are transmitting the noise are actually coming from the smaller diameter pipes, which I believe are the intake pipes, correct? The larger ones do appear to vibrate slightly, but their added mass can disperse it better. But with the smaller pipes, they keep...
  4. lakawak

I don't know if this is really the place to ask this question, but I am getting desperate... I live in an apartment building run by people who do the bare minimum, only when forced to by Code Enforcement. This winter, the pump for the hot water heating system has been making a significant...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks