Recent content by KSC

1. KSC

Shower missing vent, or circuit venting?

It is not. There would be a cleanout installed at the end of the main line. Thanks for all the help!!
  2. KSC

I'm all for less complexity. So the toilet can just connect directly to the main drain trunk with a combination y-1/8 bend and will be vented using the sink's vent as a ??wet vent?? Does this plan look good?
  3. KSC

I'm here to try and learn, folks. Believe me, I've searched. I always search first. But sometimes you don't know what to search for. Sometimes you'd like advice on your exact situation. I appreciate the advice that has been given. Ok, makes sense. It's very possible/likely that is actually the...
  4. KSC

This is what I was referring to for venting the shower, new pipe in red. Would this work?
  5. KSC

Thanks, I suspected the shower wasn't vented. Could I just run a line over to the horizontal section of the main branch to vent the shower? I can draw that up when I get Home tonight if that would help. I'm not entirely sure how the kitchen branch is configured, thats just my best educated...
  6. KSC

I know that, but did the people who installed it, since there's no vent? Or is this a circuit venting and ok? Sorry for bringing up the overflow, don't want to stray off topic. :) Like I said, it's just going to be a shower now anyway.
  7. KSC

I live in a house that's up on pilings, built in 1970, with leaded-in cast iron piping. As part of a bathroom remodel, I would like to move the toilet over a few inches. It's plumbed directly into the main horizontal drain, so it seems like it'd be a major pain to just replace that section. And...
  8. KSC

PVC drain through concrete slab

I'm running a 2" PVC drain pipe and would like it to pass through a concrete slab. The house is supported by pilings buried in the ground, so the slab is not structural. I've seen lots of mention that PVC piping passing through concrete needs a sleeve, but I think that's for when concrete is...
  9. KSC

New Washer - drain and vent

Well that's good news for me. I wasn't looking forward to the 3" pipe. Thanks!
  10. KSC

Thanks, good to know I'm going in the right direction. Where would I need to put cleanouts? As for the fittings, I'm afraid I don't really know the lingo to say. If anyone wants to tell me what's best or what they would use, I'm all ears. :) I can tell you that the initial vertical size will be...
  11. KSC

I'm installing a new washer and could use some advice on plumbing the drain. I've been going over the NC plumbing codes and these forums and *hope* I've come up with something proper, but I'm sure you experts will let me know. :) Sorry if it looks confusing, but I had to draw it in three...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks