Recent content by Kirby-bo

1. Kirby-bo

Wavy subfloor and expansive soil

Thanks for all the help. I'm still wondering about one thing: if I go down to the basement and float the non-bearing walls now... will the floor above move? That would be bad -- if I make the subfloor level and then the floor drops when I float the walls below. So... what's to do? Float the...
  2. Kirby-bo

Thanks for the replies-- good info. I'm definitely taking out the particle board. Now I wonder about floating the non-bearing walls in the basement. Don't I have to do this to prevent problems in the future?
  3. Kirby-bo

My wife and I just bought a house in Colorado, and have discovered that the uneven floor is due to expansive soil. At least, that's what the structural engineer says. The house was built in '72, so they didn't float the non-bearing walls, as they would have done in the 80's. My luck. Also, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks