Recent content by Keith Kassen

1. Keith Kassen

Adding Shower to existing toilet drain

There's nothing but the vent above sanitary tee. It goes up about 42" and then all the vents connect to one vent then goes out of the roof.
  2. Keith Kassen

ok great, thank you for the help.
  3. Keith Kassen

Thanks for the response. If the Lav already has a drain and vent, do I need tie into it or can I just stop at the toilet? Or does the toilet need a vent in front of it.
  4. Keith Kassen

Hello all, i'm looking to add a shower to our powder room. Is it possible to add a shower drain to the existing toilet drain? My plan would be to move the toilet to the left about 36" and then place the shower in the toilet's original location. Could I cut the line for the toilet and place a...
  5. Keith Kassen

Adding a shower, do I need a vent ?

My original shower drain stack with vent is 10' away from the new location. Sounds like this is to far. I do have a vent stack that is within 60" but I would need to place a tee on it and some how tie it into the new shower drain. All of this work would need to be done in the joist bay since I...
  6. Keith Kassen

Thanks for the fast reply.
  7. Keith Kassen

I'm adding a walk in shower to our master bathroom, and I have a question regarding venting. Since I am tying the shower drain in below the water closet do I need to add a separate vent to the shower drain? I'm concerned about syphoning from the shower trap. The picture is the basement wall...