Recent content by Kamal

1. Kamal

Questions and Advice about plywood shower room preslope

Hello folks, This project is moving forward, but I have a few tile questions. In terms of the work completed, I did notch the joists, and create a post and beam system underneath using 4x4 and 4x6, with some lateral bracing. The pier blocks were sunk into reinforced concrete. The soil was...
  2. Kamal

Wayne, I was joking about no subfloor...but great answer nevertheless! Your thoughts on the amount the joists have to be notched? I’m figuring 1/4” on the first one and 1 7/8 at the last one. Seem reasonable to you? Would you sister them all or just the last one? And I can do 3 posts w/o...
  3. Kamal

Jim, Thank you for any help with the Johnbridge forum. My username there is Malgyver. Although I am totally green to tiling, and jumped right out of the gate with large format tile, I think I've done ok. Did 20 18x36 in a shower, that was my first and best tile job. No failures. It was a...
  4. Kamal

Thank you for your responses! Wayne, I signed up with Johnbridge about 2 months ago to get this sorted out, but my account was never properly activated, and despite a number of tries, I havn't been able to make it work. Getting signed up here was so easy, and I already have great advice to go...
  5. Kamal

Hello all, Thank you in advance for any help and suggestions. In short, I am building a shower room in my home, and would like to explore the option of a ply subfloor preslope to avoid doing one or both mud beds. A few details first: * Raised foundation home on hill in SF BAy Area with ample...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks