Recent content by jtp

1. J

Well going dry?

I can still see water in the well when the pump shuts off. Unfortunately, I can't clearly see the pump, so I'm not sure if part of it is above the waterline or not. My best guess is that it is still submerged. The rusty water is not consistent, I've only seen it after the water pressure...
  2. J

Well going dry?

OK, just finished up some more troubleshooting. The pressure switch looks to be working properly, opening and closing at proper pressure settings anyways. I checked for a leak as Gary suggested, pressure held well, so I'm assuming no leaks. I watched and listened with well cap off and I...
  3. J

Well going dry?

Funny thing is he didn't have the info on my well, said he would have to look it up in his other files to see if they had it. I will call them back tomorrow for that. (Now that I know what to ask for..thnx) The $700 was just the least expensive pump they carried, that did not include the...
  4. J

Well going dry?

Thanks, I will continue to troubleshoot using some of the other suggestions made here. I need to look through some of the closing paperwork to find out more details on the pump and well, I think I saw it in there before. The house was vacant for about 8 months prior to us buying it, could...
  5. J

Well going dry?

If I tested the output side of the switch with a multi-meter and it showed steady current over 40 psi but less than 60 psi, would that rule out a flaky switch? Thanks
  6. J

Well going dry?

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll need to pay closer attention to the gauge and run my test again. I believe the pressure was still going up when it shut off, but not 100% on that. Is 10 yrs an acceptable lifecycle for a submersible? Thanks again, JTP
  7. J

Well going dry?

Great forum! Thanks for all the expert advice given here. I've been searching for a similar issue but haven't come across my exact problem, so I decided to ask directly. I moved into a 10 yr old house about 6 months ago and have just encountered a problem with my well water. I was running...