Recent content by jsr1017

1. jsr1017

Replacing end of PVC waste pipe and toilet flange - DIY?

I finally got the new waste pipe in tonight, after a few false starts and a lot of head scratching. I ended up using a long-sweep 90 elbow, and two street 45's. The only way I could get the height even close, with having to work around that duct, was to end up with the fitting on the last...
  2. jsr1017

The "patch" is about 5-1/2' x 6-1/2' and is actually almost the entire floor in that room. The previous owner cut out the old subfloor at roughly (VERY roughly) 2" around the perimeter of the room, I assume that was the width of his circular saw guard plate and so he couldn't/didn't get any...
  3. jsr1017

Thanks for the tip about dry-fitting, I wouldn't have thought of that. Measuring a set of bends like that in 3-d space seems like it could be error-prone, is there a special technique that helps get it precisely right?
  4. jsr1017

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that duct is a PITA, but I'm moving the flange along it, towards the wall where the tape measure starts in the photo and not further across it so it's no different than it is now. Depending on exactly where I lay out the shower curb, I might even have a few inches...
  5. jsr1017

Here's the story: I've pretty much gutted the shower/toilet side of my master bathroom - it's a weird layout, with toilet/shower in an enclosed room on one side of a hallway and the vanity on the other. After I took up the ugly old tile the previous owners had laid I discovered that at some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks