Recent content by Jppenner

1. Jppenner

Shower drain pipe not plumb- is this a problem?

That is a great idea for locating the drain, thank you very much for sharing. I had thought by scoring the concrete before jackhammer it would make a cleaner hole. However, it will probably create a lot of dust so if it isnt going to make the job easier then I am definitely happy not to do it. I...
  2. Jppenner

The building is a 3-story wood frame and this is the walk out basement. It is a duplex style townhouse so two units share the building side by side. If it is unlikely that I would encounter tension wires then probably best to just cut out the concrete and fix it. I will buy a diamond blade for...
  3. Jppenner

Hi guys, thank you very much for the great advice. Good point about the danger of stepping out of a raised shower, I had not thought of that. However, I tried dryfitting a couple of 45’s and it does not appear there will be enough flexibility to be able to straighten that pipe in such a short...
  4. Jppenner

I just had another idea. Since I have a full 8’ ceiling height in that bathroom maybe I could just raise the subfloor in the shower area and adjust the piping in that raised section? I could cut away a bit of the concrete around the rough in so that I could get a 45 on, couple inches of pipe and...
  5. Jppenner

Oh boy, that is definitely more advanced then anything I have done before. Do you have any tips? I guess I just go slowly to be careful not to damage any pipe below the concrete while I’m jackhammering? I have no idea which direction the piping is coming from. Is there a standard depth that I...
  6. Jppenner

Hello, I am trying to finish the basement bathroom for my inlaws but seem to have encountered a problem. I was going to install a Maxx shower kit and in the instructions it says the shower drain pipe must be plumb. When I look at the rough-in pipe coming out of the concrete it is definitely not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks