Recent content by Jordan_T

1. Jordan_T

ADU in Austin, TX help with understanding waterline requirements

Hi all, I have a garage that has a water line already set up and same with utilities that I am thinking of converting to an ADU. Outside of permits, any special requirements for the water line to support regular ADU functionality (sinks, shower, etc). For example, is a certain size better...
  2. Jordan_T

Water line to garage repair

Thank you James, I measured and it looks to be 1/2 inch. Two final quick questions: 1. I can't seem to find a ball valve that doesn't need soldering that can convert the 1/2 inch copper pipe to the 3/4 inch pex. Can I just swap out the 3/4 inch pex with 1/2 inch pex? The 3/4 inch was what...
  3. Jordan_T

Thank you for the reply James. Any idea what size and connector I would need if I cut off that valve? It looks pretty narrow, maybe 1/4 inch? I am not sure how to solder so using a shark bite would be ideal but I can't seem to find any that are 1/4 to 3/4 conversions. The 3/4 coming from the...
  4. Jordan_T

Thanks so much for the response, attached a few photos of the garage hook up, I believe you are right and this was an addition. I attached a picture of the old part they had screwed into the valve that is the other half of that dielectric union. It was steel galvanized pipe and I tried just...
  5. Jordan_T

Hi all, Looking for a little help with a water line repair. It runs from the back of the house to the garage. Was an old leaky steel or cast iron pipe from the 70's, I couldn't tell through the rust so removed the whole thing. First question: Any reason I shouldn't use an apollo pex to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks