Recent content by JLease

1. J

sump pump questions

Thanks for all the answers I have received so far. I will likely install the 53 series pump with seperate switch for my SIL, just on past experience and recommendations. I haven't given the switch on my own M53 much thought, at least, not until spending some time on this board, but with a rapid...
  2. J

sump pump questions

The Hydromatic looks like a good good unit also, specs are pretty similar to the Zoeller 53 series with the exception that all the models use a piggyback switch, which is a good thing. I might have put one in my own sump pit if I had known about the brand when I last replaced the pump...
  3. J

sump pump questions

Frequent switch cycles and motor start current create the most wear and lead to decreased life of the unit or switch. My installation is in a pretty good sized pit and the current setup has the tethered float adjusted for maximum swing without touching the pit walls. There is still plenty of...
  4. J

sump pump questions

Evening All! Very recently found this site and just registered tonight. Just finished doing some repair work in my sister-in-laws basement following a sump pump failure in October. The pump, (1/3 HP) which had been working fine, failed to come on during a rainy spell and the basement took on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks