Recent content by jimmyfo

1. jimmyfo

Newly installed shower drain, hole too large?

Thanks for the reply, I'll check them out. My main concern (I opened up the ceiling below) was it was so thin by the edge of the 7" hole that the holding screws were basically splitting the plywood. I added 2x4 cleating to try to connect, but I'm just not comfortable with it and think I may go...
  2. jimmyfo

Newly installed shower drain, hole too large?

Hi, we have a company doing the plumbing for a new bathroom going in. They were going to do the shower drain fittings and the membrane on the same visit, but I asked them to come put the drain on first so I could add some preslope, then they'd come out to do the membrane after that. They agreed...
  3. jimmyfo

Add new second story bathroom, DVW questions

After calling about 8 companies and only having two come out who no longer answer, I'm going to give this one a shot before throwing in the towel. This is via permit and I'd like to be super sure before the inspection. This is in Michigan and I believe we follow a version of the 2015 IBC, if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks