Recent content by Jerry Ning

1. Jerry Ning

Backflow preventer change out

Thanks for the reply. I will have the red shut off valve off. Also from reading the forum the pressure reducing valve has a check valve on it so the expansion tank theoretically shouldn’t drain at all. The only air I would be introducing would be the backflow preventer air. I’m basically...
  2. Jerry Ning

Backflow preventer change out

Hello all, I plan on changing my backflow preventer on my boiler. It is leaking in the vent port. Since I am replacing it wit the exact same watts 9d-m3, it is a simple twist off the 2 unions and twist back them on. My question is if I need to be worried about adding air into the system from...
  3. Jerry Ning

Water softener sizing iron please help

Thank you Bannerman, I’ve decided upon a clack unit with 1.5 Cu ft and regular resin for $1789 out the door.
  4. Jerry Ning

dittohead, I am not interested in an seperafe iron filter at the moment. I am interested in your experience with the SST-60 resin. I came across a couple of reviews that complained of plastic smelling water after using the SST-60 resin. I wasn’t sure if those reviews are just a couple bad...
  5. Jerry Ning

dittohead, I am not interested in an seperafe iron filter at the moment. I am interested in your experience with the SST-60 resin. I came across a couple of reviews that complained of plastic smelling water after using the SST-60 resin. I wasn’t sure if those reviews are just a couple bad...
  6. Jerry Ning

Has anyone here used SST-60 resin here?
  7. Jerry Ning

What does DO stand for or what does that mean? Will the longer >7 days to regeneration foul the iron?
  8. Jerry Ning

Let me first thank everyone for the time and knowledge about this matter. I’ve learned much from dittohead and Gary. I am in the process of gettting a new water softener for my well to replace a 25 yr old Fleck 2510. My water test results are as follows. pH 7.5 Hardness 16 Iron (2.0ppm 5 yrs...
  9. Jerry Ning

Help with hydronic heat

Hey all, I have trouble finding hydronic baseboard heat expansion carriers that fit my slant fins. I've attached a picture of the old ones and the expansion cradles I bought online. Can anyone recommend where or what to do about expansion noise? Thanks Jerry
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks