Recent content by jemu

1. jemu

Tub nightmare please help

OK thanks...I would feel better just replacing it and knowing it works than trying something that could fail in the future.
  2. jemu

OK I went back and opened a bit more of the wall...the drain elbow is NOT buried in slab (you can just barely see it -- the white object in one of the two photos below). There is a void under the tub as someone here said...and there is poured quikrete between the studs and the front of the...
  3. jemu

Does anyone have anymore advice or am I just completely screwed at this point? Is using a demo hammer from an opening in the rear wall (in the living room) to remove enough mortar and/or slab from underneath the tub to gain access to to drain elbow and replace it an option? (without removing...
  4. jemu

It won't affect the drain screwing in...that piece is shorter than the depth of the elbow basin. I would go underneath but it's on a slab and I don't think there's any access--it looks like they buried the PVC in concrete...I don't know why they do that because if something goes wrong with the...
  5. jemu

Does anyone know if I want to put a disc of cut PVC over that area (after plugging the holes with Oatey Fix), would I use Cement glue primer and cement glue to attach the disc to the top of the drain elbow above where the holes are? Will that glue adhere to putty epoxies? Or should I just use...
  6. jemu

thanks WH I will watch that video
  7. jemu

Yes, grout went down the drain, the drain became blocked...I forgot the drain did not go straight down, thought a layer of grout was blocking the drain (looked like grout under the water) so drilled into it to try to clear the grout. When I removed the crosshatch I figured out my error. Then I...
  8. jemu

I bought a tube of water weld but have not put anything on there yet. What product should I use for this?
  9. jemu

Thank you Terry. Do you think water weld is the best product to use for this? I need something that will hold up and not fail later on. I have been in a state of total panic and terror all day about this foolish mistake. If I have the tub removed to fix this it will destroy the tile and...
  10. jemu

I know this is very stupid but holes were drilled accidentally in the drain elbow...the tub is on slab and the PVC pipe the leads to the drain is cemented in...removing the tub to fix this is not an option. Is it possible to put JB Water Weld in the holes and then put another circular piece of...
  11. jemu

Busted PVC pipe, what to do

Alright thank you. I have plumber coming to replace an anode rod for me, probably this week (when the part comes in), it may be better to just have the plumber do this, in the interest of time.
  12. jemu

Busted PVC pipe, what to do

Hi, I'm not sure how this happened -- been doing a remodel of this bathroom. But this is the pipe that goes to the trap for the vanity. Is there a way to fix this myself? Should I call a plumber? Thanks.
  13. jemu

CPVC dilemma, should I repipe?

I was over there this morning and it actually sprung a leak behind the shower wall, spraying a small stream after I turned the water on to the house. I've decided to go ahead and repipe, it's too risky to have these issues in a place that's going to be tenant-0ccupied.
  14. jemu

CPVC dilemma, should I repipe?

Hmm, still 50/50 in the responses on whether it's ok to have, or bad. See what I'm getting at?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks