Recent content by jd87n

1. jd87n

How to surge a home well. Odd well scenerio

Yes, shallow pump. I was looking at some of the particle filters like the Rusco but many of them said your suppose to put the filter only after the pump and not before. My desire is to save my pump from getting sand in it in addition to the sprikler heads
  2. jd87n

Ok, thank you. To verify: a .010 with the 20x40 sand pack allows more particles in than .006 with no pre-pack. I had this false assumption that pre-packs let you cheat. Meaning that a .010 with a 20x40 is a way to get a .006 filtration but with higher GPM flow then a .006 if that makes sense.
  3. jd87n

I sent a 4 inch PVC casing pipe with slits from a angle grinder down a 6 inch hole. I filled the the remaining 2 inch area around the 4 casement pipe with pea gravel. The idea was then to send a 1.5 or 2 inch pvc with a foot valve down the casing pipe. I was dumb enough to watch a few youtube...
  4. jd87n

Yes the 2 inch is removable. The 2 inch sits in a 4 inch casement pipe with slits cut in then surrounded by pea gravel. Well is 20 feet deep Static well level is 8-10 feet The issue is sand in the water even though it’s a .010 slot size with a 20x40 pack around it. I don’t want to go to a...
  5. jd87n

When you say blow with air, I just get a air compressor m connect it to a pipe and send as much air I can into to casing ? Also this is a 100% sand area. Is surging even helpful when it’s all sand grains that are the same size. (I see where surging is helpful in other soil types) Thank you
  6. jd87n

Hello, I would like to try to surge or jet my hand dug well. It looks like this. 4 inch casement pipe with many slits in it from angle grinder. Pea Gravel then dumped around annual area. At this point I learned my lesson about sand. (I didn't know about mesh sizes) and found out what I should...
  7. jd87n

Why should a check valve be at the top of the well near the pump instead..

Yes, this is what I read as well. However, why? Why on a standpoint must a check valve be close to the pump. Why not put it at the bottom?
  8. jd87n

Why should a check valve be at the top of the well near the pump instead..

Why is it recommended to put a check valve be at the top of the well near the pump instead of at the bottom of the well? This is in regards to a smaller 20 foot well. (10 to water and then 10 to bottom) thanks
  9. jd87n

Multiple well points on one pump. How to determine total suction depth?

Thank you, this makes sense on flat ground, and if i understand you correctly if you had flat all around you could do many as the pump supports and the water level would be the same 10 feet for all your wells. However, what happens when you are on a hill or you need to add extra pipe to one of...
  10. jd87n

Multiple well points on one pump. How to determine total suction depth?

Hello, When using a shallow well pump that is rated for the max suction is when the water is less then 25 feet from ground to water: How do you calculate your depth when you have multiple well points? For example, say you have two well points connected to one pump. The first well point that...
  11. jd87n

Home tools to drill through PVC cap at bottom of 25 well.

I have a 25 foot 4 inch wide PVC pipe that has a PVC cemented cap on at the bottom of it in the ground. Can anyone recomend a way to punch a hole through the cap at the bottom so I can drive a sandpoint through it and go that to go deeper? Do you think a metal sand point with a tip could...
  12. jd87n

My sand analysis results and question for slot/gravel pack.

Thanks for the response. As far as the well point goes they did give me another size after I asked. The response was interesting and something I didn't think about. Their theory was that the well point with no gravel pack or a well that you naturally develop should have a screen that...
  13. jd87n

Forgot to upload the Silica graduation curves.
  14. jd87n

Thank you to everyone that has helped me in the past. Based on the recommendations I sent a sand sample to a screen company and they told me that a casing pipe with a .020 screen with 16x30 Colorado Silica gravel pack or equal would be the ticket to keep sand out of my well. Couple questions...
  15. jd87n

Battling sand in shallow well

Perfect, thank you. You mind sharing that company that tells you the material size? Id love to send a sample instead of trying to measure myself.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks