Recent content by Jay neubert

1. Jay neubert

Bathroom Remodel - Toilet Flange is Gone - FIX HELP NEEDED

Hi. It doesn’t appear to be flared, but I did loosen the bolts all the way to where they were barely hanging onto the threads. It was better and almost made it, but it felt like the rubber gasket was still fighting me.... hmm.
  2. Jay neubert

Ok. I used the sewing tape method and it’s 4.5” OD. Technically 4.538” to be precise. You can clearly see the challenge in this photo. The ID of the new blue metal flange I bought is more like 4.25” with the rubber gasket within. ?
  3. Jay neubert

Ok...update... I finally have the metal flange in-hand after ordering it from THD online, and it will not fit over the existing pipe. I would have to remove the rubber seal from the inside of it (the one that notes to NOT do so) in order for it to seat over the pipe i believe .... should I...
  4. Jay neubert

Hi Reach I appreciate the solution thoughts. I’ve read and re-read your note about 5x and I think I get it. Is this basically what you’re describing?: If so, this could work since I’m adding another .5” layer of ply on top of the existing anyway. I could use your technique (or just measure...
  5. Jay neubert

Hi guys, Thanks! Some additional measurements: 4” - ID - drain pipe alone 3.5” ID currently w flange shaft within 1.75” Height from floor 1.75ish - depth of inside flange shaft/piece I would need to bore out (if I went that way). q: for the repair flange above would I need to use the reamer...
  6. Jay neubert

Hello all, First time poster, but I've heard great things about the Plumbing advice here. Hoping you can advise! I have a long post on the JohnBridge.com forum on my bathroom remodel job, and they recommended that I post it here to get the proper plumbing advice. I'm at a standstill until I get...