Recent content by JacksonC

1. JacksonC

Compression Ring Cutter

To remove my old compression fitting rings, I ended up using a puller from English Tool Company www.englishtoolco.com . It's very small so it fits in tight locations, and it can be placed and operated with one hand. It threads by hand into the existing compression nut, then you use a ratcheting...
  2. JacksonC

Compression Ring Cutter

Great to know. Looks like it can work in really tight situations. Thanks!
  3. JacksonC

Compression Ring Cutter

Very helpful! Thanks again, Terry!
  4. JacksonC

Compression Ring Cutter

I have no experience replacing a stop valve. The puller seems like a perfect and easy way to remove the sleeve, but then I started seeing online comments from users that using a puller had flared the pipe opening, deformed the pipe, etc. - and comments that a 'cutter' was the safe way to it -...
  5. JacksonC

Compression Ring Cutter

Okay, I'll get a puller and try it. Fortunately if the ring won't slide off I believe I have enough room to cut the pipes and still be able to install a stop valve. But just out of curiosity, is there such a thing as a tool specifically designed to cut compression rings rather than pull them...
  6. JacksonC

Compression Ring Cutter

In discussions about removing 1/2 inch copper compression rings, I have seen several comments that using a compression ring cutter eliminates the possible problems that compression ring pullers can cause. However, none of the comments give a product or brand name for such a cutter, and googling...
  7. JacksonC

Can't get Delta tub spout in proper orientation AND against the wall

This is the same problem that Pat Furrie posted about in 2018, but I did not see a good answer to his question. I replaced an old Delta pull-up tub spout with a new Delta RP17453 pull-down spout. I did not replace the existing fitting because it is in good shape, is identical to the new fitting...
  8. JacksonC

Can I fix or should I replace my Toto fill valve?

wjcandee, you're right. When water supply is turned off, water level slowly moves right down. Don't feel anything on the drain itself, so I'll try to replace the flapper. I have a Toto C744E toilet, and the manual says I have a THU 175S flapper, which Toto no longer makes. Toto's suggested...
  9. JacksonC

Can I fix or should I replace my Toto fill valve?

My 3 year old Toto Drake has a Toto TSU53A fill valve. The valve has started to make an intermittent noise like water leaking. It makes the noise for a few minutes, then stops, then starts again. If I gently lift the float in the valve the noise will stop, but then will begin again in a few...
  10. JacksonC

How to Remove Kohler Shower Valve Handle

I'll try the PB Blaster, and look for a good screwdriver trip. Yes, I can keep lever handle vertical to allow Blaster to soak. Tough to see what I'm doing in terms of drilling screw head with long drill - think I'll sacrifice the handle if I have to. Thanks to you both for your advice.
  11. JacksonC

How to Remove Kohler Shower Valve Handle

I have a 20 year old Kohler Taboret Rite-Temp pressure balancing valve shower faucet with lever handle. I need to replace the valve, but I can't get the lever handle off. The handle is a 9/16 inch hollow tube and to remove it you need to loosen a screw that is 2 5/16 inch down inside the tube...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks