Recent content by Jabihun

1. Jabihun

Toto toilet flapper problem

I tried a couple more things: 1. Tightened the nuts attaching the tank - test failed still drained 2. Bought a Korky kit that came with a ring, silicone, and a new flapper. The ring is placed on top of the flush valve assembly (plastic overflow pipe) to see if I can get a better seal - test...
  2. Jabihun

Meaning, if the black flush valve gasket is leaking then why does the water never go below that...it just drains below the flapper.
  3. Jabihun

Drains down just below the flapper but above the black flush valve gasket. I did notice there is some play in the tank. meaning I can shift the tank around a bit so maybe that play is allowing the leak in the flush valve gasket. I've tried 4 different flappers with no luck.
  4. Jabihun

I'm sorry, I really don't understand. Right now I am sitting here looking at the tank. I filled it up to just above the flapper. I am now watching as it drains out. How does that relate to what you're saying with the refill tube in the overflow? I'm really not trying to be dense just need...
  5. Jabihun

I have the exact same issue as the first post: - testing reveals the water is leaking out of the tank - I’ve tried 4 different flappers including a TOTO - the water drains but never past the valve tank gasket, so I can’t imagine that’s the issue - the fill tube is stuck in the overflow tube not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks