Recent content by Huntzman

1. H

Lost all water to house, replaced everything...... still no water

I don't think I am explaining myself correctly. Two days of no water will do that to a person. I have a well, not sure what the bottom is constructed of and I don't know any dimensions. I do know that it is 40' to the bottom and I have about 14' of water in it. I know that my pressure gauge...
  2. H

Replaced the pump yesterday 1st, thinking that was the culprit. Then I replaced the pressure switch. When I close the main house valve, the pressure stays even, so there does not seem to be any leak in the line either.........
  3. H

In the past when we have run out of water, it was never an issue. Previously, once we had water put in the well I would throw the lever (what I referred to above as a "toggle") and the pump would kick on and run until it hit the cutoff. I never had to hold it in the "start" position. Now no...
  4. H

Honestly, never worked on anything like this before (wells). I was a plumber a lifetime ago (about 30 years) so I remember just enough to be dangerous. It is a Square D pressure switch 30/50. After I installed it I did not adjust anything on it. Andrew
  5. H

OK, got to late and I got too tired last night to respond. SAK, Just added another 300 gallons this morning trying to bring the water level up. The well is roughly a total of 39' into a soft bottom (This confirms what my neighbor originally told me that he thought it was a 40' well when it...
  6. H

It's a residential house well (I live out in the country) not a storage tank. The pump is submerged in the well. Have about 28' of PVC pipe attached to the pump.
  7. H

Honestly, I am not sure if in fact I did drain the tank. I just assumed because I lost all water in the house. Everything was replaced from the well pump all the way up to the pitless adapter. Just added another 250 gallons hoping that would correct the issues. Nope. I went down and shut off...
  8. H

OK, I am at a loss. Yesterday we lost water. We last had water delivered at beginning of August. Here is a list in order of what I have done so far: 1. First tried adding 500 gallons of water to tank. No change 2. Friend came out last night and checked pressure switch and found power going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks