Recent content by houndzilla

1. houndzilla

Replacing sewage ejector pump and basin

So for example, Liberty Pumps basins have flat square faces for just that. You cut a hole and insert a pipe grommet which effectively seals the inlet pipe going in. As far as adjusting the inlet height I have no idea how that works with the engineering of a basin, I guess as long as your...
  2. houndzilla

Pressure gauge hitting 180+ psi?

I only did that to see if I could replicate the spikes. I'll be closing them softly from now on.
  3. houndzilla

Backflow preventor?!

wouldn't this only be necessary if there aren't overhead sewers? Coloradobasement, what is the plumbing setup in your basement? Are drain in the basement gravity drains, or piped to pit where an ejector pump removes them?
  4. houndzilla

Mystery solved, it's solely attributed to the offshoot hose bib. I checked the gauge (red needle at ~60psi), went outside and watered some stuff. I made sure to actuate the valve a couple times and very quickly. Came back inside and red needle was at ~180psi. attached is a dirty sketch of...
  5. houndzilla

My plumbers have wrapped up rough-in for my basement project. Everything turned out pretty great, couple hiccups but all in all I have a system drain down hose bib right after my water meter, I attached a Watts pressure gauge because I was curious about what kind of PSI the city is giving me...
  6. houndzilla

Selecting a max output temp for a WH tempering valve?

Jim, I'm a spec junky too. Doing some napkin math I've finding that I would have to contrive a situation where each in use tap is turned to full hot and running at the same time. I have the union version and looking at the MFR spec sheets they are the same size, so if need be it would be...
  7. houndzilla

Tank is over sized (75 gal.) for the fixtures connected, it was sized primarily to accommodate a 100 gal. 2 person tub and have hotwater leftover for things going at the same time. I want to keep the tank set at 140* and we only have some thermostatic fixtures in the house, I wanted to make...
  8. houndzilla

Watts has two options: 80-120 degrees max 12 gpm (advertised as a domestic water tempering valve) http://www.watts.com/pages/_products_details.asp?pid=6842 90-160 degress max 25 gpm (I think this is for boilers and other types of hot water systems)...
  9. houndzilla

Pretty sure I'm boned now. Shower valve broke off.

Thanks Terry, wife is PISSED. Doubly so because I realized the as part of the new copper rough in downstairs for the in progress renovation the plumber forgot to put in the requested shut offs for the bathroom branch. So I can't turn on water to any part of the house. I'll start calling...
  10. houndzilla

Pretty sure I'm boned now. Shower valve broke off.

In the middle of a basement renovation (for a second bathroom). Nearly all the copper rough in is done, but the remaining shower has a trickle of hot water pressure. I've replaced the valve before so I figured I'd do it again. Well, the cap was on tighter than I recall putting it back on...
  11. houndzilla

Using integral power and water on Geberit wall carrier for TOTO bidet seat

You are correct HJ, my example of holding up building facades isn't the appropriate example. Geberit does have installation with metal studs as apart of their installation guide, no gauges are mentioned but I'm fairly certain 16GA studs are well above their recommended thickness. In addition...
  12. houndzilla

Using integral power and water on Geberit wall carrier for TOTO bidet seat

Mystery solved. the integral water and power taps are for a Geberit bidet toilet that is not sold in the USA. This allows the toilet bidet to be energized and watered from within the footprint of the toilet on the wall with no visible power or water line connections. Geberit Aqua clean...
  13. houndzilla

Anyone using the Basement Watchdog Big Dog?

Have you looked into water powered backup pumps? I know liberty pumps makes one, you need a backflow preventer. Utilized 2 gallons of city water to pump 1 gallon of sump water depending on your PSI. Needs a 3/4" or 1" line.
  14. houndzilla

Sewer lateral through foundation wall is weeping, work is 5 months old.

That's a nice productive response. Nevermind the fact that you don't know anything else about the project, so you immediately pile on the owner for getting in the way. I would love to have the time to draw an overly detailed set and provide a project manual full of product and performance...
  15. houndzilla

Sewer lateral through foundation wall is weeping, work is 5 months old.

I had my sewer system upgraded as part of a basement renovation, new overheard sewers were put in. The Village requires ductile iron through the foundation wall, and the plumbers exterior sewer subcontractor used hydraulic cement to plug up the gap. The hole through the foundation was made...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks