Recent content by horacio

1. horacio

A BAD PUMP,A BAD CONTROL BOX OR BOTH?

I agree with you,but now the Franklin motors are made in Mexico and with that in mind I belive that the quality is not the same as when were made in U.S. Not too long ago I needed a metal file,unable to find a good U.S made Nicholson bought a Brazilian made one and it is cheap quality. Hard to...
  2. horacio

Just a quick note to inform you that I did no purchase a Franklin Motor because they are made in Mexico and went to buy the complete Grundfos pump thinking that I was going to have a U.S made product to my satisfaction. Well,that did not happen,the 2HP-3phase grundfos pump I received had the...
  3. horacio

My lord,thanks for your recomendation and warning. We do have here lots of lightning strikes during the winter,but since I have the electrical pole with the transformers at 40 yds from the pump I don't worry too much,the electrical company install lighting arrestors on this poles. But I will...
  4. horacio

Thanks Valveman,that is what I had in mind,inmerse in water just the motor and start it just to check rotation. The closed valve procedure is new to me,so thanks for warning me about.
  5. horacio

Thanks,that is something nice to know. I have an open oil barrel to test the pumps submerged in water with piping,a valve and a gauge to check pressure. Grundfos indicates that the motor should rotate CCW looking at the shaft and that is also a neat information,makes things easy. TKS
  6. horacio

Apparently the deep well water pumps are made in a plant Grudfos have in Fresno,California
  7. horacio

Can you please tell me if phase balancing and phase sequencing yields about the same results or there are two different procedures. For the sequencing at least it does exist the testers. TKS
  8. horacio

Can you please recomend me a surge protector I have to buy for the pump,it is required by Grundfos in order for the warranty to be valid. TKS
  9. horacio

Thanks for your answer. being unfamiliar with 3 phase conections my best thing to do is find an electritician with a 3 phase sequence tester to do the job for me,seems to me that is the best aproach to the problem, I wold hate to buy the tester because this is not my work line and I already have...
  10. horacio

Valveman one question please. I ordered the Grundfos 2HP,3 phase-230 volts pumps. Instructions tells you how to do phase balance,a clear procedure. But what you do if in the lower disbalance conections set up the motor runs in the wrong direction. The pump is coming ocean cargo and will take...
  11. horacio

I do have 2 lines of 120 volts and one line of 180 volts,still bothers me why this line of 180 volts instead another one of 120 volts unless maybe on some cases this line is used to start the motor. here is called the high line or starting line,in the U.S is called the HOT LEG. I ordered the...
  12. horacio

What I have here in Costa Rica is 2 transformers at the pole, with an imput of 12000 volts,one step dow to 2 lines of 120 volts and the other step down one line of 180 volts. Oe ene thing also is that the 2 transformers are fed by two different 12000 volts primary lines. A worker from the power...
  13. horacio

You are correct knowledge from experience is the best knowledge that we can adquire. Best regards
  14. horacio

Thanks a lot for the schematics,that takes me another worry away,I was thinking that maybe the hot leg was conected to an specific wire on the pump motor but I can see now that is no the case,I only have to do a test check for the correct rotation before installing the pump,that is instructed on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks