Recent content by homeowner1

1. homeowner1

Installing exterior water pipe for hose through basement wall

I'd like to install a hose hookup to be able to water my backyard. Currently, there's no water supply going to the back exterior of the house. My basement is unfinished and I can tap into the water lines with ease. I will need to make a hole in the brick wall, however, to run it out to the...
  2. homeowner1

Can these shower faucets handles fit my shower faucet?

Bathroom sink drain hook up I'm obviously missing a piece here but I'm not sure what I want. This is the drain hook up for the bathroom sink. The stub-in pipe in the wall has a 1.5" threaded male PVC piece sticking out. I found a coupler that is 1.5" pvc threaded female, but I don't think...
  3. homeowner1

Old Toilet Flange

What do you mean by "lead on" a new flange? I'm facing a similar situation with my toilet flange, which looks like the one in this thread. I'm redoing the floor and have the opportunity to change the flange if I want to. Perhaps I'm unfamiliar with cast iron, but what does "lead on" mean...
  4. homeowner1

plumbing installed I finished installing the plumbing last night. :D I was thrilled to find no leaks in the copper pipes or PVC trap. However, I think there's a small leak in the drain where the drain meets the inside of the tub. :( The instructions said to put plumber's putty on the...
  5. homeowner1

Thanks for the reply Ok. So as long as the fitting is snug I won't worry about the threads sticking up. Perfect. I didn't use Teflon tape because this was just a dry fitting to see if everything worked. When I install it I will definitely use Teflon tape. Thanks again.
  6. homeowner1

new valve unit I decided to swap out the entire shower faucet unit. Even though I knew how many splines I needed for the handles, I couldn't find the right size stems to fit the valve. Now I've got this Price Pfister faucet and showerhead system and I have an unexpected problem. I'm going...
  7. homeowner1

Can anyone tell me if the shower faucet handles shown in this photo will fit my shower faucet, also shown? Is this stuff standardized or do I need more information from the manufacturer of the shower faucets? Apologies for the small size of the photo with my faucet set-up. The size...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks