Recent content by Hanxious

1. H

Vent issue or improper install?

That definitely could be. I didn't like the way that fernco looked, but figured that was just me being anal. Now that you've also pointed that out, I'll look into replacing it with a reinforced as mentioned, snaking for clogs up through there, and try to get them plumbed back up flush when I try...
  2. H

That's what I've heard, blockage or venting issue. But the toilet just below this bathroom is flushing fine with no gurgling there or the from the fixtures above. That's why I was thinking maybe a venting issue.
  3. H

After I snaked and shopvac'd I ran a hose down the vent and it was draining fine. Thanks for the help Wayne, you have definitely been helpful. After I snaked and shopvac'd I ran a hose down the vent and it was draining fine.
  4. H

Oh, and something I forgot to mention, that may or may not matter, this house doesn't have public sewage. There's a septic system. I was wondering if that could be part of the problem??? I noticed there's an older pipe next to the clean out that I assume was for the sink/shower at one time...
  5. H

Well Wayne, like everything so far with this house, this has to get my anxiety and nerves to 100. Doesn't seem like the sink is vented. I went up on the roof to clean the vent. It was a little plugged, but shopvac'd and hosed as far as I could. (it only drops about 5 ft before an elbow.)...
  6. H

Thanks so much Wayne. I think I follow you. I'll be cutting into the wall and checking the roof to see if the sink has its own vent. If it does, I would then be 1. eliminating this pipe (in red) 2. Dropping the trap 3. Y'ing these two (in green) Does that track?
  7. H

The toilet drain runs past the vent and down past the sink and shower lines. The trap pictured is the shower that's being syphoned. The basement toilet pictured has been flushing fine.
  8. H

I'm working on a house that's been one thing after the next with the plumbing issues. Hoping to catch a break here. I just installed a toilet and each flush is syphoning the trap water out of the walk in shower. My first thought is a venting issue, and I intend to go up and check it when the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks