Recent content by Haneyeam

1. Haneyeam

Internal coupling for vertical PVC sewage pipe?

It is vinyl siding. The back of the cavity is OSB. Yep, that's the plan! Everyone has been very helpful, thank you!
  2. Haneyeam

Yep! So with the PVC coupling with 4" external diameter, I'll need to carve out about a half an inch from the backside of the drywall. That's after removing the shielded coupling.
  3. Haneyeam

Thanks Wayne! I am messing up all over the place. :confused: So the PVC coupling is 4" exterior diameter as you said. My drywall is 3/4" thick, so removing the shielded coupling and running a new pipe from the existing PVC coupling down into the crawlspace should leave just 1/2" to carve out...
  4. Haneyeam

If I understand your question, it carries waste from the 2 bathrooms on the second floor to the crawlspace. There is a vent pipe that runs from this pipe to the roof (I assume they all connect in the bathroom wall above). Thanks for the idea about deforming the pipe. In a separate response, I...
  5. Haneyeam

Yep, the shielded coupling sticks out the farthest. And yes, the pipe is bowed. A few measurements: - The studs are 3.5" deep (2x4s). - The shielded coupling is about 1/2" thick. The pipe and coupling together is about 4 to 4 1/8" diameter. - The 3" PVC coupling is about 1/4" thick and per...
  6. Haneyeam

You guys are right, my error, it is 3-inch pipe. The coupling pushes out about 3/4 inches, so unfortunately I can't just fur out the back of the drywall. Since the location is close to the edge of the wall, I don't think I can give the drywall a gentle bend either. I'm considering running a...
  7. Haneyeam

Ok, thank you. They are sold at many online plumbing stores (I am not a pro so you guys are the boss on whether they are reputable and appropriate for sewage plumbing). Another site that sells them: https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/3-schedule-40-pvc-pipe-inside-connector-s0302-30.html What I'm...
  8. Haneyeam

Thank you. The house actually has 3-inch schedule 40 PVC. It looks like the plumber used a length of DWV for the patch, which could be removed. Regardless, an internal coupling on a 3-inch schedule 40 PVC pipe would still be prohibited because it reduces the internal diameter?
  9. Haneyeam

I don't understand your reaction. Did you see the internal coupling I linked?
  10. Haneyeam

Yeah, it almost seems too easy. I wondered if waste would potentially get stuck in the pipe by the coupling. I suppose taking a file and tapering the (inner) top end would prevent that from happening.
  11. Haneyeam

Hello! I have a 4-in 3-in PVC pipe descending through an external wall from two bathrooms upstairs. We found a leak after moving into my new home and my real estate agent recommended a plumber who did the fix you see in the picture. I've sat on it a few months while working on other projects...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks