Recent content by goofy_american

1. goofy_american

Gas line question

Well you might want to tell the Black & Decker Corporation that their book is wrong then... http://books.google.com/books?id=8oS85GWI8OoC&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=type+L+copper+flared&source=web&ots=8W4S5I-x6A&sig=66Ghf2WekDmRs0V5PpeF7CYXGvw&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA44,M1...
  2. goofy_american

Gas line question

nhmaster, thank you for your concern but I respectfully disagree. I am going to be installing Type L flexible copper gas lines with no connectors. There will be two flared ends and the entire line will be pressure tested. From the chart posted, I can see that Type L copper line at 1/2"...
  3. goofy_american

Gas line question

More info from the manual - Pressure requirements for both units: Natural Gas: Minimum Inlet Pressure - 5.0 inches w.c. Maximum Inlet Gas Pressure - 14.0 inches w.c. Manifold Pressure - 3.5 inches w.c.
  4. goofy_american

Gas line question

Both fireplaces are Heat & Glo. The main floor living room fireplace (33 feet from regulator) is a SL-750TR. BTU's is 16,900 to 24,300 BTU/Hour Input (NG). The basement fireplace (40 feet from regulator) is a SL-750TRS. BTU's is 20,200 to 30,800 BTU/Hour Input (NG). Thanks again!
  5. goofy_american

Gas line question

Thanks for all the replies guys (and gals?), I understand your concern and appreciate your thoughts. The fireplace gas input is 1/2". The gas regulator output is 1/2". The furnace, water heater, gas clothes dryer and gas stove are all 1/2". My plan is to buy 33 feet and 40 feet of...
  6. goofy_american

Gas line question

Good day, I am installing two new Heat-n-glo fireplaces. I need to run gas lines to both locations. Here in Mn, 1/2" flexible copper is allowable under code. One fireplace is approximately 33 feet from the regulator and the other is approximately 40 feet. Being that copper is so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks