Recent content by Gman7

1. Gman7

Main water line size

Wayne, thanks for the response. I pulled up the 2018 IPC chart and agree with your 34.3 WFSUs. I also agree we would never come close to using everything at any given time. I’m curious why the other online calculators are so far off though. Having said that, using 45-49 psi, if the county...
  2. Gman7

Main water line size

Hi Wayne, Thanks for the response. The houses on the street vary in age, the one with the higher water pressure was just redone, and I’m thinking maybe they put in a new main water line, whereas the older house may have galvanized pipe. I took both measurements on the same day when no one was...
  3. Gman7

Main water line size

Hi All, We are in the process of starting to build a 5 bedroom house on a piece of property in North Carolina and wondering what size water line we may need. Here is all the pertinent information I could think of: The house will sit on a 3/4 mile dead end road fed by a 16" main line from the...
  4. Gman7

What size water meter and main line to house

Hi Jeff, So I was told it has to be a minimum of 20psi, but he was not sure exactly what it was. He did caution it was a lower pressure area. I feel like you do about this, and trying to plan for worst case scenario.
  5. Gman7

What size water meter and main line to house

Hi, We are looking to build a house at the end of a dead end street in a rural part of our county. There is county water down the street as follows: 16" main water line at the intersection with the main road The first 1700' down our road is 4" line, it does not feed any houses. The next 1400'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks