Recent content by Glo

1. Glo

Well failure?

Got it figured out. Thanks!
  2. Glo

Well failure?

Right. Before I measured, I thought the intake/pump might be above the surface. Now I'm wondering if it's sitting on the bottom! Yup, I've had the pump out two or three times now. I'm going to replace the pump. Nearest pump is $700+. New, but older model. If I ordered, what would I get? What...
  3. Glo

Well failure?

"One possibility is the pump is mounted higher than the surface of the water in the well." It's on the end of PE pipe, submersed. That's the direction I've been going -- that the intake on the pump is above the water surface.
  4. Glo

Well failure?

Fairbanks Morse pump and control box. Control box is new, but 80s era. Pump is 37 years old. No idea what current is being pulled and no means to test. The electrician didn't say. New pressure tank, new pressure switch. I can see water far far away, just barely, with a flashlight. I borrowed a...
  5. Glo

Old AS Yorkville rear outlet toilet

Very helpful, thank you.
  6. Glo

Old AS Yorkville rear outlet toilet

I have a early 80s Yorkville back drain toilet. Leaking from underneath but only under pressure. I haven't taken the bolts off and lifted it up yet. What's under there? I want to have whatever I need before I start. I'm a long way from town. I bought a PlumbMaster "Closet Gasket for Zurn" with...
  7. Glo

Well failure?

Pretty serious problem, don't know what to do next. New pressure tank, new pressure switch, new control box, new inside plumbing. No water. Pulled the pump, had it checked. It's good and pumps strong. Isolated all wiring [well wire, control box wiring to the well outside of the house and to...
  8. Glo

Tightening Brass Tee into Plastic Threads

I'm having a similar issue - driving me nuts! I've taken it apart 3 times. Nothing is plastic, all brass. And a guy I hired to get the job done overtightened every fitting and broke the pressure gauge.
  9. Glo

Washing machine plumbing

I'm installing a washing machine in a house that wasn't plumbed for it. Where should I plumb in the drain? This is a composite photo pieced together from phone photos, so it looks a little wonky, but you get the idea.