Recent content by girldog

1. girldog

Puzzling Toilet Issue

We don't have an expansion tank. We have rural municipal water supply with tap to the house from the street line.
  2. girldog

Puzzling Toilet Issue

Nope, the refill tube is right where it should be. The resolution to this issue was this: I put a pressure gauge on the water line and it read between 130-140psi. We had a look at the water pressure regulator, a Wilkins 600, installed in 1985 (how's that for long lasting?!), and sure enough...
  3. girldog

Puzzling Toilet Issue

The water is 1" below the top of the overflow pipe. It doesn't matter whether you apply downward or upward pressure on the ball - shortly after releasing pressure the on the float ball the valve opens briefly, shuts off 4 times then shuts off until the next time we flush it.
  4. girldog

Puzzling Toilet Issue

Mainly we worried that if there was excessive line pressure we would blow out the fill valve and have a fountain in the toilet tank. I will try backing off the cut off valve at the wall a bit and see if that reduces the barely perceptible wave that may actuate the float ball. Thanks everyone -...
  5. girldog

Puzzling Toilet Issue

Hello anyone who may be able to help: We have a 1985 Eljer Triangle Toilet. The fill valve finally gave it up, after 30 years, and we replaced the fill valve with a Coast Mark IV 1B1 Master fill valve (part # 495-0214-00) that is supposed to be the correct ballcock fill valve for this toilet...
  6. girldog

Triangular toilet. triangle tank Eljer

Since we do our own plumbing (can't find a good plumber anywhere near us) can I snake the toilet to clear the trapway?
  7. girldog

Triangular toilet. triangle tank Eljer

I have a 1985 Eljer triangle tank corner sited toilet with 12" rough in. The DW line for this toilet runs at approx. a 45 degree angle to the toilet centerline. Almost every time solids are flushed this toilet backs up and overflows. Can anyone tell me what could potentially be causing this...
  8. girldog

Old Triangle Eljer Tank Needs New Bowl

Thank you for the insight on the flush valve size difference. I figured that may be the case but was trying to avoid having to buy a whole new toilet.
  9. girldog

Old Triangle Eljer Tank Needs New Bowl

I have a 1985 Eljer triangle toilet. I need to replace the bowl and can't get an original bowl because the toilet has been discontinued. Can I use a new American Standard model 3717A.001 bowl as a replacement? An Eljer/American Standard tech person told me I couldn't do this because the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks