Recent content by garnetlake

1. garnetlake

Heating Zone

Heating Zone , funny story Guys, funny story about the heating zone. I got tied up doing other stuff in my construction and was about to remove the heater this week. I was still all worried about shutting down the zone and last night playing darts with the kids downstairs my daughter says...
  2. garnetlake

Heating Zone

Wow, you guys are terrific. jwray, all of the pipes in the heating system are copper already. It's kind of a weird setup as it was the builders home in the development. He put all kinds of things in here that the tract homes don't usually get. The lines have unions sweated on them so I can...
  3. garnetlake

Heating Zone

Draining zone Hey guys thanks for the advice I certainly appreciate it. I was not sure of the cold water valve but now you have straightened me out. I actually have an oil fired furnace with a mix of cast irion baseboard and vertical heaters. The verticals have unions on them and I was going...
  4. garnetlake

Heating Zone

Greetings, is there anyone experienced enough to let me know if they have ever drained down a heating zone to replace a baseboard unit and then restarted it? I understand that I have to shutoff power, close return line and then drain the zone through a hose. I am not sure about the cold water...