Recent content by gargodude

1. gargodude

Autotrol power backup?

I used to have an APC Smart UPS 1000VA on mine, but when we would shut the generator down at night, it would only last a few hours, so I took it off. I suppose the only reason these controls run on AC is for the synchronous motor that turns the cam. Otherwise, they could run on DC.
  2. gargodude

Autotrol power backup?

How long will that keep it running when the power is out? Have you tested it for an extended period?
  3. gargodude

Autotrol power backup?

I have a softener with an Autotrol 460i control and we live in a rural area where the power goes out quite often in the winter. Since the power supply is 12VAC, I can't use a simple DC battery backup system to keep the clock set during power outages so I have to reset the clock when the power...
  4. gargodude

Softener. Starting over and could use some advice.

OK, I'm calling it done. Thanks to everyone for all of your help.
  5. gargodude

So, what's typical when setting up a new system, setting the softener at the actual measured hardness, or a few grains above? My measured hardness is 9gr. after the neutralizer using the Hach 5B kit.
  6. gargodude

OK, got my Hach 5B kit today and re-tested the water. I had tested it last week with the Hach 27452-50 test strips and got 7gr. at the well, 15 after the neutralizer and 0-1.5 after the softener. The tests were checked twice after running the water at the closest downstream faucet for several...
  7. gargodude

One more question ( I hope). Should I set my calendar override at 0 and let the unit decide when to regen or something else? We are almost always here and rarely leave for more than a day.
  8. gargodude

This one sure wasn't doing that. It explains a lot. Well, now I have a spare neutralizer tank at least. You never know when you might need one. Thanks for all of your help.
  9. gargodude

Well, you nailed it! I removed the DLFC button on the back of the unit is in line with the drain port (marked 7gpm on the outside) and it was rock-hard. There was not a top screen on the tank, so this excess flow was probably responsible for shooting the fresh media out of the drain during...
  10. gargodude

The original neutralizer was 1.5 cu ft. I misspoke earlier when I said I filled it to 12" from the top of the tank. I filled it to 12" below the fill plug. I did not know that the media needed time to absorb water and release air. This might have been part of my my problem. Typically, I would...
  11. gargodude

To answer Reach4, the head on the neutralizer is just a connection with no controls. It has a Vortech media tank with a strainer at the top. OK Bannerman, I ordered a Hach 5B kit which should be here in a couple of days. I do continue to use calcite in the new neutralizer. I would top off the...
  12. gargodude

This is my first post here. Seems like there is more real knowledge here than on most of the equipment sales websites I have visited, so I thought it would be a good idea to sign up. We live in Northern CA in the Sierra foothills, are on well water and it's just my wife and I in a 2 bathroom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks