Recent content by GardenRox

1. GardenRox

Where to Drill for Investigating Mold Smell? Sending up a Camera...

Yes. Chicago does have such outfits. Chicago Water and Fire Restoration is the company I hired. They were emphatic: No investigation of source. Just detection of mold. Thanks for the reminders about the extenuating circumstances and condo-related legal stuff. Rx
  2. GardenRox

@Reach4 that's BRILLIANT!! I will definitely try that. I have a furnace tune-up happening tomorrow morning. Maybe I can give the guy some extra $$ and ask him to help me do this test. What a concept. I'm delighted to rule out water coming down the chase from the roof (which one person...
  3. GardenRox

@Jeff H Young What makes you think I'm renting? This is my house. I own it. My neighbors own the units upstairs. They're not going to go hunting for reasons the water is their fault. As far as they're concerned, plugging in the humidifier hose and replacing the water heaters did the trick...
  4. GardenRox

Sylvan, I can't find anything that says peppermint oil can be used to trace back to the source of the mold problem. I see that it's good for killing mold, but your suggestion tells me peppermint oil can actually be used in the investigation. Can you elaborate, please? I'm not finding it on my...
  5. GardenRox

Oh, @Sylvan , I've never heard of that. I'll look it up. THANKS!! Rox
  6. GardenRox

ps @Jeff H Young , I failed to respond to your admonishment "now its [sic] something to worry about? Propertys [sic] need maintenance" Please read my full post before responding. As you can see, I've been on task with this since it started, and I've been logging the circumstances surrounding...
  7. GardenRox

Thank you, @Jeff H Young. I DID call in a pro. Cost me $500. They put sensors everywhere. They drilled a hole in the bathroom by the shower. They said it wasn't the shower. They said I definitely have mold. I asked them to tell me where it was coming from. They said their job was to tell...
  8. GardenRox

After putting holes in the bathroom wall and seeking to find a bad shower connection, I've concluded that it's not the bathroom. The smell pooling in the hallway is coming from inside or just outside the furnace closet. One day after years of logging in my calendar "Wet Mop Smell; no...
  9. GardenRox

Which Adapter for Fancy Kitchen Faucet to Garden Hose?

I like that. You cut to the chase and save me time and expense. I had a bucket full of bad guesses in my cart. DELETE. Fugedaoutit. Thank you. Tees under the sink? I'll look that up. Rx
  10. GardenRox

Which Adapter for Fancy Kitchen Faucet to Garden Hose?

If connections can be gendered, and mine is MALE, I would have to say also that mine has a foreskin. Everything I see for connecting a household faucet to a garden hose shows a threaded area that is immediately accessible to the connector, not distanced by a span of smooth metal (as you can see...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks