Recent content by FraserJim

1. FraserJim

Copper in Hot water but none in Cold Water

I would be interested to see if it is ground currents circulating through the copper pipes. Extremely difficult to troubleshot, so the approach is to ensure that all components are properly bonded. Ground currents are always present when you have two independent grounds to earth, and you link...
  2. FraserJim

Shutoff Between Expansion Tank And Backflow?

We have a radiant heat system with a boiler, zones, baseboard, and DHW. The backflow preventer started to leak. The shutoff from the city supply is always closed. A plumber came in and told me we needed to have a shutoff installed between the backflow preventer and the expansion tank. Does this...
  3. FraserJim

Closed Radiant Heat Leaks?

Thanks Dana. Some questions? How can water enter the system once it is purged and no additional water is added? I installed a LWCO. it’s electronics failed after two years and shutdown boiler. Weakest link? What type of filter are you referring to? It I cap the vents and there is a small...
  4. FraserJim

Closed Radiant Heat Leaks?

We have our 15-year old Colorado mountain cabin. Boiler supporting 5-zones of radiant, 2-zones of baseboard, and a domestic hot water tank. Just had our fourth zero pressure with glycol mix leaking out of one of two air vents. Also have one spirovent. Worst case was 10-years ago when both air...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks