Recent content by Foxwaves

1. Foxwaves

Preventing freezing of an exposed section of sewage ejector discharge line...

Hello hj...The discharge pipe will be emptying at the top of a concrete septic tank, probably 750 or 100 gallons, so it should freely drop in as long as the field line is doing its job. I'll most likely not install any kind of valve on the discharge. Thanks for your help.
  2. Foxwaves

Hello jadnashua...There would be re-pumping of material, and I agree that's not ideal. The basin is 18"x30" which probably is 33 gallon capacity, but I'll have to check on that before ordering. With a grinder pump I'll run a smaller 1-1/4" pipe (maybe 1-1/2") which holds .064 gallons per foot...
  3. Foxwaves

Well, with the usual installation, the check valve would leave the line loaded to the septic tank all of the time. But I'm thinking of just omitting the check valve and letting whatever doesn't make it into the tank just fall back into the basin, leaving the line empty. Thanks for your reply.
  4. Foxwaves

Thanks for your reply. I made a mistake in my first post: the exposed vertical part up the bluff is going to be just a few feet...maybe 5' or so. The rest of the way to the septic tank is about 11' more of rise, so about 16' of head. The pump is a typical 1/2 hp. What do you think of the one I'm...
  5. Foxwaves

I have to run a discharge line from a sewage ejector to a septic tank. About 20' of this is vertically up a stone bluff and I'm looking for freeze-prevention ideas? And advice? I'm hoping to avoid building an insulated box, but not sure what would be best. I don't think heat tape or that sort of...
  6. Foxwaves

Residential sewage basin/pump recomendations?

Any more advice? I need to order the kit next week. Thanks!
  7. Foxwaves

Thanks, I saw those when I was looking at online options. I'll check them out. Have a nice weekend!
  8. Foxwaves

Looks like I'm going to get a standard sewage pump/basin system for one of my customers and try to bury it somehow in spite of the steep slope and rock. Does this model seem to be of quality and of reasonable price? Is there a better place for me to look? It's for a customer's vacation cabin and...
  9. Foxwaves

Above Ground, Outdoor Sewage Pump System?

Looks like I'm going to get a standard sewage pump/basin system and try to bury it somehow. Does this model seem to be of quality and of reasonable price? Is there a better place for me to look? Thanks! http://www.sumppumpsdirect.com/Little-Giant-511663-Sewage-Pump/p70705.html
  10. Foxwaves

Richard sounds like a great guy, haha! So he's the one who underbid me on Stonehenge! Why did you ever quit working for such a Prince?
  11. Foxwaves

Thanks, Smooky. The mountainside is so steep I'd have to build some sort of retaining wall in a "U" shape to hold dirt, but I've been thinking about that as it might be better than pre-fabbing a little building to sit on a concrete slab and then having to provide a little heat. On the other...
  12. Foxwaves

I like your reply, my Friend! This place is an old log cabin that these city folks bought not long ago, and it took care of the sewage about the same as your neighbor did. I built a huge deck hanging out past the edge of the mountain and when they visited on warm days this Summer the aroma got...
  13. Foxwaves

It will be pumping sewage from the rear of the house to a private typical in-ground septic tank/field line system. Probably no more than 12' of lift and maybe 75' away from the pump. I've installed the pump systems in similar situations before, but have never needed an above-ground...
  14. Foxwaves

Hello Friends, I have a customer with a vacation home built on the edge of a rock bluff. The plumbing drains exit on the bluff side, and the mountain below is steep and of rock. I'm going to install a typical in-ground septic tank and field line in the front yard, which fortunately has...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks