Recent content by Flecktones

1. Flecktones

Help with selecting a water filtration/softener system for house

Based on this, what configuration and system would you suggest?
  2. Flecktones

Talked to 2 neighbors, and both have the same - they have the softener connected right after the shutoff valve, so it controls the interior and the exterior hose. Not the sprinkler system. That is pretty much how the builder has it installed in our houses then.
  3. Flecktones

I asked the new builder (old builder who did my home is gone, 2 years ago) who said that is how the water is installed. The shutoff valve in the garage controls the interior faucets and the exterior hose bib, but separate from the yard sprinkler system. Once the neighbor comes back this week , I...
  4. Flecktones

Thanks for explaining that. From the reps from Culligan and EcoWater (had them come out for kicks, I learnt a few things that way), my water hardness level came out for both as 8 grains/gallon (measured at the kitchen faucet), and 237 ppm as particles in the water. From my 2 years history of...
  5. Flecktones

You are correct, when I shutoff the valve in the garage, exterior hose bibs also turn off. So in that case, i can't use that point of entry for adding the softener and have to search for probably another place from the main shutoff near the road coming into the house - somewhere there... I will...
  6. Flecktones

Would you have any suggestions based on the picture, on how to proceed? thanks!
  7. Flecktones

The outer circumference is just a tad under 4" i would say. so would that make this a 1.25" PEX pipe? Thank you for the questions, helps guide me to where I should be going! What would you suggest on this
  8. Flecktones

you are right. I edited the post correctly now to show circumference of the PEX translucent tube is 4"
  9. Flecktones

I think it took time to upload and post, while I was editing the text.. hopefully you can see them now!
  10. Flecktones

Had to remove the shelves in front. But looks like I have easy access to the plumbing pipe, there is an access on top of the water shutoff valve. Pictures attached. The outer circumference for the translucent pipe on the left is about 4". I have a laundry drain right behind this wall that I can...
  11. Flecktones

Thank you guys for the replies. Out this weekend, but on Sunday evening upon my return, I will rip out some drywall around the water shutoff valve in the garage to see the plumbing size, and reply back.
  12. Flecktones

That looks pretty neat! You have another RO system under the sink for drinking water ? How do I go about understanding how to setup this configuration? Are there approved dealers/vendors online or in Texas for this?
  13. Flecktones

Thank you for the details. Yes, they don't show the combined chlorine, but there is chloramine used and I have asked them to include that as well so it is transparent. Not sure if / when they do it. From what the builder said, we have 1" plumbing - is there an easy way to find out without...
  14. Flecktones

Would you know what model of Clack? and where do I get it from? Do I need a carbon filtration system too?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks