Recent content by FixingThings

1. FixingThings

Old delta Kitchen faucet leaking under sink help

Hello, I hope you are all healthy and doing well! Just wanted a little advise on how this can be fixed or if I need a new faucet entirely. This is an old Delta Kitchen faucet and what you see in the picture is the hose that extend to remove the faucet handle. It started leaking where there is...
  2. FixingThings

Infamous Delta 600 old shower valve worries

Got it. I will give it another shot tomorrow with a torch lighter I have. I assume that would give enough heat to help with the rotation and use the pipe wrench and tap it. Should I try to put a 2x4 between the tub and the top of the valve or close it all without anything there. You have no...
  3. FixingThings

Thank you so much for the pics and tips!!!! Tried the PB blaster and tap on it. I just chickened out when I saw the white cam washer rotate. Do you suggest I attempt to continue with the pipe wrench and tap tap tap again or use a dremel and cutting wheel at this point? I figure the white cam...
  4. FixingThings

Hi, that's what I thought too and reason I stopped. However if you look closely the metal ball inside has a diamond shape on the tip that shows it is still straight. Also, the white plastic thing is being held by the dome and and it seems to just have rotated to the left with the dome as I was...
  5. FixingThings

Hello, I have this 24yrs old Delta 600 series shower set that has a slow leak through the spigot. I already bought the rubber and spring valve parts that should fix the leak, but I have had quite a bit of trouble trying to remove the dome that houses the valve. I have tried PB blaster...
  6. FixingThings

Botched Water Heater installation? Slow leak at joint. Pics

If I use a stainless steel corrugated connector from sharkbite (one side has the sharkbite into the copper pipe and the other connects to the nipple), where is best to cut the copper pipe? Below the elbow close to the wall like in this picture? Are these sharkbite brand corrugated connectors...
  7. FixingThings

I see what you are saying. You guys are pros. I guess these flex lines are marketed so heavily for the DIY people and to sell more product? Or these flex lines are good for lines under faucets and things like that and not water heaters in particular? If they will last at least a few years in...
  8. FixingThings

I will attempt this repair myself doing with your suggestions. I was looking at those water heater installation kits at lowes that come with 2 stainless steel flex lines that connect direct to the nipples coming out of the water heater and go to the copper pipes. This seems to be the easiest...
  9. FixingThings

Hi Terry, thanks for replying. If I try to lengthen the horizontal pipe at the top with a coupling then I would have to cut the vertical pipe a bit to shorten it or it will be too high when it gets flush with the wall and then the horizontal pipe will come into the joint that is currently...
  10. FixingThings

Hello, I had a water heater tank installed in December 2017 after the old one went bad. There is now a slow drip at the top joint for the hot water pipe (joint coming out of the tank). To repair the slow drip can I just use JB Weld Epoxy putty and wrap it around the side of the joint...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks