Recent content by Esachs4

1. Esachs4

Toilet Drain code - 15" from baseboard heater?

I am remodeling my small bathroom. I know code is for the center of the toliet drain to be 15" from a wall or vanity. There is going to be a baseboard heater on the side of my toliet. Do I have to be 15" from that, or can i go 15" from the wall?
  2. Esachs4

No Vent on Toilet Drain?

Yes, there is a sink nearby with a 2'' vent. See below. Is this sufficient?
  3. Esachs4

No Vent on Toilet Drain?

I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom and I noticed that this is no vent on the toilet drain. It is right above the main waste line. Is it being vented through that? Should I add an additional vent? See pictures below:
  4. Esachs4

1/2'' to 3/4'' supply?

Is there anything wrong with leaving the outlet of boiler and water heater at 1/2" and then using a coupler to increase the line to 3/4"?
  5. Esachs4

1/2'' to 3/4'' supply?

No my upstairs shower regulates that. What I am referring to is that if you flush the toilet in my first story bathroom and say the kitchen sink is on, the sink pressure is very low until the toliet finishes filling up.
  6. Esachs4

1/2'' to 3/4'' supply?

Thank you both for the replys. Yes i have a basement and access to all of the plumbing. To answer your question, i will be removing the sheetrock and moving some plumbing anyway. I have already redone my second story bathroom and ran 2 3/4'' pex pipes for the supply up there. I would really...
  7. Esachs4

1/2'' to 3/4'' supply?

Hi, I am remodeling my bathroom and debating whether I should change my copper supply pipes from copper to PEX. I have a 3/4'' main that comes into the house and then reduces to 1/2''. Then all my fixtures run off that in series. My first question is, should i make it 3/4'' all the way and...
  8. Esachs4

Ditra heat under vanity?

Yes, that's what I was thought. I did call up Schluter and they said that there will be no problem with having the wiring under the vanity. Thanks for the input!
  9. Esachs4

Ditra heat under vanity?

So, I ordered too much cable length for my ditra heat. To make it work, I alternated 3-2-3-2 studs as Schluter says you can. I made sure I stayed 7in away from toilet drain centerline, but i still had to run cable under where my vanity will be. I kept 3 and 4 spacing under the vanity to keep...
  10. Esachs4

Bathroom double vanity plumbing

Ok, that's what I will do. Thanks for the advice!
  11. Esachs4

Bathroom double vanity plumbing

Hi all. I am remodeling my bathroom. I am changing the location of the sink, as well as changing from a single sink to a double sink. I have a few ideas on how to reroute the plumbing, but I would like to get others opinions on the best/correct way to do it. Thanks in advance. Here are my 2 ideas
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks