Recent content by ecmejcd

1. ecmejcd

Is a rotary hammer a viable alternative for trenching concrete slab?

Thanks folks! The slab will be covered with finished flooring so I'm not worried about aesthetics. I appreciate the comments about renting a saw and just being done with it; I should have added that there are a few areas where precision would be useful and I don't think I can maneuver a 12-14"...
  2. ecmejcd

Is a rotary hammer a viable alternative for trenching concrete slab?

Basement bathroom addition - requires about 12' of trenching into the slab for waste lines... Quote for concrete saw work was about $1700. It's not entirely about cost (though partially that), but the room is adjacent to areas very sensitive to dust and so I am wondering: would attempting to...
  3. ecmejcd

Basement Bathroom Rough-in with Sewage Ejector Pump

Hello, I'm asking of anyone would comment please on the attached rough-in layout proposed for a basement bath? There will be a laundry area, vanity sink, toilet, shower, and minibar sink - all flowing into a Zoeller sewage ejector pump. I have reviewed UPC for DFUs, vent run sizing, etc. and...
  4. ecmejcd

Clarification re: UPC 804.1 - Washing Machine Rough-in requirements

UPDATE: I found this image attached, which resolves the question about the 30" being to the fitting or to the weir: I now understand it is measured to the drain centerline. So my question just remains about what is considered the "floor".
  5. ecmejcd

Clarification re: UPC 804.1 - Washing Machine Rough-in requirements

Hi All, I understand UPC 804.1 requirements for a washer standpipe being no greater than 30", and the p-trap being between 6-18" off the floor; however, I am seeking clarification on what defines the "floor" please... New laundry going into a basement... the washer will drain into a 2" pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks