Recent content by dstutz

1. dstutz

Well pressure tank pre-charge around 3-5psi?

Ok, let me start this off by saying I'm pretty sure I need a new pressure tank but I'm curious about why it had almost no pressure, and here's my odyssey, feel free to skip to the end for my actual questions. We've owned the house since Aug 2011. Of course I had no idea (or forgot after...
  2. dstutz

How much Citric Acid and how to apply?

Sorry to revive this but I actually have the exact same question as above about there being a difference between using ResCare vs just adding some citric acid between bags of salt and figured it would be better to just keep to this thread. Is there any difference in functionality or effectiveness?
  3. dstutz

Softener check-up

I've gone through one regeneration since checking all the valve bits, moving to a bigger drain line (things got a bit quieter, so that's nice) and checking the brine float/check assembly. I was watching that regeneration cycle and it seemed like everything was working properly. On a whim I...
  4. dstutz

Softener check-up

Yeah, that's where I was heading. Something isn't right. I will verify that size one of those ways. While I had the brine float out I cleaned it up and tested sucking on the top and there was the tiniest bit of wheezing coming out at first but I think that's in better shape now. When I put...
  5. dstutz

Softener check-up

I think I have a different style valve than you are expecting. This does not appear to be adjustable. Was extremely easy to pull, thanks for the idea. Measuring from the bottom of the air check up to the slightly scummy line on the float while holding it up yields ~ 19.5". I don't know how...
  6. dstutz

Softener check-up

I'm gonna get new 1/2"x 3/4" fittings and tubing. It's less than 10'. Will look into pulling the brine float mechanism up. Looks like maybe the one nut on the inner side of the tube to hold it in place. I have 18"x33" brine tank and it appears the water level in the tube is high enough that...
  7. dstutz

Softener check-up

I have slightly tightened the compression nut at the head for the brine line as I have seen air in the line. I'm assuming throughout the whole draw/slow rinse 60 minutes there shouldn't be any air? I will have to wait until I use a lot more salt to get to the bottom of the tank and...
  8. dstutz

Softener check-up

Sounds like you're saying something like I could have had a hiccup (or few) in the past and a single extra regen would get all 48K grains back to being regenerated...and then I'll be back to having a 12K buffer to chip away at should the need arise. Thank you @Bannerman and @Reach4. I think...
  9. dstutz

Softener check-up

So the big takeaway seems like...don't worry about anything. Really appreciate the double check on things. The filter is a 4.5x10 "big blue"...I've seen 8.something GPM in the "peak flow" on the timer, so I think we're OK there. I have pressure gauges before and after the filters/softener and...
  10. dstutz

Softener check-up

I have a .250 BLFC (part #16) and am now very confused on the DLFC (part #17). There's a 2.4 embossed on the plastic piece #17. You can juuuust make it out in the picture. I guess that corresponds to the 2.4 on the sticker with the injector. But 2.4 looks more in line with the washer part...
  11. dstutz

Softener check-up

I'm double-checking some stuff as well as answering a few questions from a family member and was reading through a whole bunch of softener posts and started seeing recommendations for injector sizes. I think I might have the wrong one in mine. There's a sticker that says #1. I have a 1.5...
  12. dstutz

Drain/vent modification in utility closet

Here's what I have and what I'd like to do: I have an existing washer standpipe that's shown which currently drains the washer, a softener with an air-gap fitting and the condensate from my hybrid water heater. The washer/dryer stack currently sits right in front of this and we'd like to...
  13. dstutz

Recirculation pump sizing

@jadnashua, I'm not trying to argue...trying to understand. These systems don't seem to use small pumps: https://www.plumbingsupply.com/on-demand-recirculating-pumps.html They're 3 speed pumps and the max power of the smallest is 1/8-1/9 HP, it can do 18 gpm. I'm actually considering getting...
  14. dstutz

Recirculation pump sizing

Awesome...Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks