Recent content by diy-goonery

1. D

Delta R22000 plasterguard doesn't sit plumb

Actually, for this rough-in valve, there are no female threads on the valve itself to accept the trim. The plasterguard itself has four holes that accept the valve trim-out kit. So the plasterguard is actually what holds the trim to the valve. You can kind see the 4 threaded holes in my first photo.
  2. D

Why the difference between fart-fans and DWV vent roof flashing options?

Gotcha, so you would transition the metal ductwork to PVC just below the roof or something?
  3. D

Delta R22000 plasterguard doesn't sit plumb

I'm in the process of plumbing a shower valve, and very carefully read the instructions and took measurements to install my stringer board for the rough-in valve at the correct depth. However, after installing it, I double-checked the placement of the front of the plasterguard, and found that...
  4. D

Why the difference between fart-fans and DWV vent roof flashing options?

I apologize if this is obvious to the pros, but I've spent a lot of time searching this the past couple days, and haven't found any answers. I'm plumbing a bathroom, and have already put a DWV vent through the (metal) roof. I used one of those rubberized/epdm-type boots, combined with some butyl...
  5. D

Rolling a 90-degree fitting allowed going from horizontal to diagonal?

I've done some googling and haven't been able to find an answer to this, so I apologize if this is covered elsewhere. I have two pipes (one main trunk, and one toilet) that are both running in the horizontal plane, but perpendicular to each other and offset vertically (toilet line is above the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks