Recent content by DIY DAD 2591

1. DIY DAD 2591

how to waterproof gap between cbu and shower pan?

cbu does not go behind pan, will be using 10x14 ceramic tile. so the kerdi band would be attached to the bottom 3 inches of the cbu and then draped into the pan? do i need to attach band to pan or is that not necessary? does regard stick to kerdi band? thank you for your help
  2. DIY DAD 2591

just came up with another idea, how about ditching the redgard and using a sheet membrane to cover the cbu that goes down over the gap and into the pan?
  3. DIY DAD 2591

Hi all, working on a bathroom gut and remodel. i have all but one more piece of cbu up and I'm almost ready to tape and mud the seams and apply redgard to the whole shower. my only question is what to do when it comes to the gap between the cement board and the shower pan nailing flange. in the...
  4. DIY DAD 2591

How long before i can walk on shower pan?

the box doesnt say anything about this.
  5. DIY DAD 2591

How long before i can walk on shower pan?

hi all, just laid my premade shower pan into a bed of rapid set mortar mix. how long before i can walk on the shower pan to install my cement board? here is the product.
  6. DIY DAD 2591

Backer board, what do you recommend i do?

on a second note, i will be putting mortar under the pan to make it stronger and was wondering on how i do that? do i do like 6 cow plop sizes of mortar and then lay down pan and settle it into the mud? should i lay plastic on subfloor first? how about plastic between mud and pan?
  7. DIY DAD 2591

the bottom of the studs will be furred out so the pan flange can be attached to studs. i originally was going to use redguard or some other liquid membrane, but how would that bridge the gab between cbu and tub? id prefer to waterproof the cement board then to apply plastic or paper behind it...
  8. DIY DAD 2591

Hi all, working on a bathroom remodel and was wondering what the norm is when it comes to hanging up the cement board for shower walls. my question is if you have to overlap the shower pan flange or can i have my cement board flush with the flange. I'm hoping i can have it flush because furring...
  9. DIY DAD 2591

Price quote on tiled shower job

Hi all, don't know if you guys will be able to help but i thought i would ask anyways. I have a tiling professional willing to take a traded item to do my shower job that I've been putting off doing myself. thought i would post it here and see if you guys can see if he's charging me an ok amount...
  10. DIY DAD 2591

Need help installing shower pan that is smaller than stud to stud spacing

Hi all, and thanks for the help. I have a bathroom that is 12 ft long by 5 ft and a half inch wide so 60.5 inches wide. my shower pan is 60 inches wide so what do I do with this half inch gap? should I split the difference and fir out both ends by a 1/4 inch? should I fir out one side a half...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks