Recent content by Diane18

1. Diane18

Third new water heater - not enough hot water

I'm in the country and my plumber typically works with rural clients. Yes, not expensive. No code out here, no inspections. I do really appreciate all the feedback.
  2. Diane18

Thanks on the thermal expansion tank info. Wonder why the plumber thinks I need one. Interesting on the heat trap. Both times when the new Ruuds were installed the cold water intake pipe was super hot. Too hot too touch, not just radiant heat. That has not happened with the AOSmith. Also...
  3. Diane18

I have well water and a pressure tank. Yes, thermal expansion tank. Not installed yet. I still have plenty of hot water. Maybe the Ruuds were defective and the AOSmith just wasn't hot at 120. Someone told me there could have been an "air lock" in the system. All I know is hot water is...
  4. Diane18

Well, maybe it's working. Had plenty of hot water last night for bath. Plenty this morning for hot shower. Just did a hot water wash and ran more hot water in the tub. Yes, WH output pipe is very hot. Plumber will be out again to put in some air? tank between the softener and hot water...
  5. Diane18

Definitely not hot enough or long enough. I'll check on the tempering valve, though don't know why old water heater worked without issue and three new ones don't. I know there are no hot water control valves in the faucets or tubs. I did have it adjusted on one shower, so it can't get hot.
  6. Diane18

Water comes out cool, turns hot within 30 seconds, but wasn't getting super hot. Plumber told me yesterday to turn up the temp to 140 on both thermostats, so I did. I now can fill the tub 8 inches, but can keep my hand in the water the entire time, so it is hot, but not scalding. The second...
  7. Diane18

After over ten years, my Rheem 40 gallon electric water heater had some slight leaking. Water didn't stink and I had plenty of hot water. No complaints, but couldn't chance a failure. I had the Rheem replaced with a Ruud 40 gallon electric water heater. After two months, I had rotten egg...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks