Recent content by david_c

1. david_c

Advice on wet venting my new basement bathroom

Everything set in place now. Hopefully correct! Appreciate any feedback. (And yes - P trap of shower is snug up parallel to the main 4" pipe, only way I saw to get the shower drain in the center of shower - hopefully not a problem)
  2. david_c

That "3/4 bath" diagram illustrates it perfectly, thanks Terry Love. Going to grab required fittings and go that route. HJ, regarding the video - guess it goes to show you can't trust everything you see on youtube! Lots of education out there but got to sift through it.
  3. david_c

Here's another thread where a double wye is proposed - suggested that it's not legal in horizontal situations for most jurisdictions (can't find much re: ontario) https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/basement-4-double-wye-a-bad-idea.20145/
  4. david_c

I like this one the best. Also curious to see what others think
  5. david_c

Thanks Reach4, looks like you and Stuff were thinking a similar thing! I'm trying to picture in my head how a suction or syphon gets created as the flushing toilet waste goes past the intersection where the shower is... But looks like others on this forum have had this exact problem so glad it...
  6. david_c

Thank you for the suggestion. Here is my modification to the plan:
  7. david_c

Hello, here is a picture of my basement bathroom layout (building permit approved, underground inspection to come). I'm in Ontario Canada. Thought I'd replace my cast iron 4" waste drain while I'm at it, which was prone to clogging. Very friendly plumber at the hardware store told me I should...
  8. david_c

Adding Shower to bathroom, l/f layout advice

Sounds good, I'll use a combo just in case. Thanks for your help on this!
  9. david_c

Ok, I've put the vent back to where it was and used a Sanitary Tee on it's back for the vent to connect to. All good? Thanks Reach4
  10. david_c

Thanks for your fast reply, I've done the following from your suggestions: - have replaced 1st vertical to horizontal 90 deg from toilet with long sweep - have replaced 2nd vertical to horizontal from toilet with combination sanitary tee for longer sweep - used a went vent configuration (a...
  11. david_c

Hello, I'm moving my toilet in my main floor half bath to make room for a shower in my first ever renovation. I'm looking for advice on if I've got the plumbing configuration correct (I live in Ontario, but wanting to make sure the basic plumbing choices I've made are sound before I ask for my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks