Recent content by DanielW

1. DanielW

Sink p-trap: 1-1/2" ABS versus 1-1/2" PVC

Thanks Reach4-- I'm going to do this. The reason I was wondering is that the 1-1/2" ABS p-trap is larger diameter than the 1-1/2" PVC p-trap, and also substantially thicker wall. The ABS one is 1-1/2" inner diameter, but the PVC one is 1-1/2" outer diameter, so that it is only a little larger...
  2. DanielW

Thanks WorthFlorida-- I thought about that option and am trying to avoid it :-) Reach4-- Yes, that is exactly right. A is a trap adapter, so it would be simple to remove B,C,D, and the p-trap, and replace with a new 1-1/2" PVC p-trap. Is there any downside to this? Thanks!
  3. DanielW

I replaced my bathroom cabinet and sink, and now the sink drain is too close to the wall for the tailpiece to align with the p-trap, even though I shortened the trap arm as much as possible. What should I do? My first thought is that the p-trap is 1-1/2" ABS, and if I replaced it with a 1-1/2"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks