Recent content by DanB

1. DanB

Combi-Boiler NCB 240 (Navien)

Getting close on this - down to Versa or Phoenix Light Duty. Having a little trouble picking the 2 apart. Is main difference just the total BTU/hr? The Versa's 130K BTU/hr seems way high, but does have a 10:1 turndown and obviously the thermal mass of the tank itself to prevent short-cycling...
  2. DanB

Thanks Dana - super helpful!
  3. DanB

Thanks again Dana - A couple quick follow-ups. 1) For the tank-type, do you prefer the Phoenix or the Polaris? 2) I read somewhere that some people combine a tankless with a storage tank, the logic being that if one breaks, they only have to replace one unit vs. effectively both w/ the...
  4. DanB

Thanks Dana - much appreciated!
  5. DanB

Hi all - have found the advice on this thread and linked pages extremely helpful. I'm looking to do an oil-to-gas at my house (zip 02184) and had a few questions from my napkin math. Trying to decide standard vs. mod-con, have gotten plumbers with different opinions. The house is currently...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks