Recent content by CodeMaster

1. CodeMaster

Garbage disposal in single bowl sink - too close to drain line

Center to center, the disposal is bout 1" higher than the drain line. I'm in south Florida, I believe they do have local amendments here. The opening above the drain is for the mini vent valve. Another fun fact: I considered opening the wall from the other side to lower the drain (since it is...
  2. CodeMaster

To be honest, the first thing I considered when I realize I had this issue was a sink with an off center drain but believe it or not, I couldn't find one with the exact same dimensions. I did have a wye for cleanout before and that is the reason I'm adding one back, I believe it is a...
  3. CodeMaster

Now that you mentioned it, it is a reverse trap. I tried reversing it but couldn't figure it out how it works when installed backwards. If the higher side of it (originally the inlet) goes towards the drain, then the lower side will be right under the disposal outlet however, the disposal...
  4. CodeMaster

Hi there, This is my first post here and I'm hopping someone can help me figure this out (I'm loosing sleep over it for 3 days already :confused: ) I replaced my sink as part of a kitchen remodel. I Went from a shallow double bowl sink to a single bowl 10 inches deep. To make matters worse...