Recent content by ChrisZXWJ

1. ChrisZXWJ

Basement insulation options

Great, thanks again. Two last questions... Any tips on attaching the polyiso to the walls? I had planned on using PL300 with with a couple Plasti-Grip fasteners to hold it in place. Will the foil facing change that plan? What's your take on OSB vs plywood? I don't mind spending the extra...
  2. ChrisZXWJ

Whew, that was a lot to digest. A couple followup questions... Why the 6 mil vapor barrier between the EPS and the plywood? I don't think I've seen that anywhere, but I guess I've mostly focused on using XPS. What's the advantage of floating the floor vs Tapcons? I have all of the toys to...
  3. ChrisZXWJ

Hi All, I know I'm starting another basement insulation thread for a topic that's been well discussed, but I'm hoping I'm coming from a slightly different perspective. We have a new construction house in Rochester NY (zone 5) built in 2014 and we're ready to finish the basement. The walls are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks