Recent content by Charlees Larrabee

1. Charlees Larrabee

New home, plumbing questions

Two years ago my Wife and I purchased our home and after living there for a bit we found out that we will need to do some water filtration. Obviously that can consume some space and my house just don't have it, unless I want to get super creative which I will if I have too. Before the previous...
  2. Charlees Larrabee

Need help with filtration system

That's great to hear! I guess my only question is that since the KL won't remove chlorine I'll have to monitor my free chlorine levels after the contact tank very closely since I won't be filtering out the free chlorine from my water. I'll also be running to a water softener after the KL and I...
  3. Charlees Larrabee

Planning on adding a stenner pump with the metering flow switch after my pressure tank. I'd be glad to use h2o2 - would that work well using just a big blue carbon block filter? Is it just as effective as chlorine in terms of contact time? I have no problem spending time on this to get the...
  4. Charlees Larrabee

Sounds good! I'll swap out my sediment filter with a larger one. I've never had an issue with 1 micron though - also I change it every 6 months. Sanitized my well last week using that method and it went very good. Noticed that it seemed to clean up my filter so it's working better, but still...
  5. Charlees Larrabee

So.. I have attempted to setup my own filter system to save a bit of cash and have just run into a problem. The filter I purchased worked great for awhile but I'm now seeing signs of staining I'm beginning to believe I have IRB. Right now I run my water through a 1 micron filter, then to a...
  6. Charlees Larrabee

Pressure tank for contact tank

Another option besides a retention tank for me would be one of the systems that goes on the well and drops chlorine into it. Do these really work well though? My well water is not bad and it's the IRB that's killing me. Lab results are 7.4PH, 5gpg hardness, 4ppm Iron and .221 PPM manganese...
  7. Charlees Larrabee

Tank is fiberglass so I'm assuming corrosion wouldn't be an issue. Bladder is removed and replaced from the bottom. My only concern is that the only in/out is on the bottom. How would I get the chlorine to mix with the water for the 30 minutes? Then even if I did get it to mix, would I still be...
  8. Charlees Larrabee

Due to having IRB and small amount of clear water iron & manganese I'm planning to install a carbon filter and use chlorine injection. I have everything I need already except for a contact tank and a buddy of mine has a 120 gallon pressure tank with a ripped bladder he is willing to let me have...
  9. Charlees Larrabee

Water treatment advice

Not yet, I need to figure out my well size first. There was no information on the papers when I bought the home. Any recommendations?
  10. Charlees Larrabee

Water treatment advice

I'm guessing when you say oxidant system your referring to chlorine injection? I have looked into it but my biggest concern is space. It may be possible but I'm jot sure I'll have the room for a retention tank. Also, does that test listed include IRB and SRB? I'm worried I might have because of...
  11. Charlees Larrabee

Water treatment advice

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2iiuwnTSWz5ZDFSTFlSYUhsMlU <--- Water test results from 1 year ago when I bought the home. The well was sitting for 12 months before the sample was taken. I'll be getting a new test done soon. I had a local shop come to my home last week and they tested the...
  12. Charlees Larrabee

Need help choosing best solution to filter water

Definitely! I plan to get in done ASAP. I just got the sample jars today and will be running them to the lab first thing Monday morning. Because of the Arsenic we have invested in a RO filter for under the sink. I purchased a TDS meter when buying the system. TDS of raw water is 140, TDS of RO...
  13. Charlees Larrabee

In the toilet tank it feels slimy but there is definitely a dirt like texture to it as well. It also wipes off and cleans super easy, one streak of the finger on the side of the bowl and it is off. I drained my pressure tank the other day to check my true GPM and once I got it empty the last two...
  14. Charlees Larrabee

Hi, I'll start off by giving thanks to all that can help me with my problem. I'm a new home owner and looking to find the best, most cost effective solution to ridding my well water of Iron, Manganese and possibly Sulfur. Back when I first bought the home I was recommended a GE under cabinet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks